Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not Infighting, Just Fighting: There's Nothing In The Liberal Party Called The NDP

This Bob Rae has clearly gotten myself and many others angry. On my blog you can see I posted on Sept. 18 to vent and show my extreme disgust with his actions. Joan Bryden a reporter for the Canadian Press, either through bias or complete error has reported my motivation and others as attacking Bob because of the strategic council poll that showed he was the leader. So not only does her article refute Bob Rae's actions (quite poorly) but she also advertises that he is in the number one spot.

First, to Joan Bryden, look here, do you see the date? Sept. 18th, same with Northern Liberal's. Now look here at the Strategic Council's poll. It says Sept.19th. So Joan, your article made it in countless newspapers, such as here, here, and here, and you were completely wrong. You misrepresented Liberals against Rae. It's not that he's leading that I have a problem with him, it's that he's un-Liberal that I have a problem with him.

Now Bill Curry of the Globe and Mail is also wrong. Bill here, is also saying it's in light of the poll. I must again say check the dates of my post with the Council's poll.

Let me set this straight, even before this poll I thought Bob Rae does not have a good chance, I still think he does not.

The NDP contributions he made are beyond any petty Leadership feud, this is a Liberal feud vs the NDP.

Bob Rae contributed during an election to the NDP, while I was contributing to the Liberal cause. A literal translation, Rae was my opposition. I can not support or even respect someone who thinks they can lead me when so soon ago they were fighting me in federal politics.

Michael Ignatieff, I can follow. I may fight with his campaign, but we fight over differing Liberal values and principles, not different ideologies or political parties.

In Curry's article he goes on to:

Liberal MP Jim Karygiannis also said he has problems with the donations. "Playing the field until you sort of decide where you're going and say, 'There's an opportunity here for me,' I think doesn't sound right by a lot of people," he said.

Ms. Mathyssen said she was under the impression that Mr. Rae donated to her campaign in January because he wanted more NDP MPs in the House of Commons.

"For him to say he believes in NDP candidates and is willing to support them, to switch and go to another party is absolutely unbelievable, unspeakable," she said.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

How much did Michael gnatieff donate to the Liberal Party last year? or the one before, or the 15 before that?

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe people still believe in these tory polls....why dont you just ignore them...they want rae to win so we can lose...............greatgranny

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tory poll my ass!
Dion's camp provided (illegaly) a doctored version of the membership list and gave it to the tory pollsters.
Dion's camp should be ashamed of themselves.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By ditching then dissing NDP repeatedly in media since 99, Bob has not exactly been helping the NDP. Ask Howard Hampton. Screw your head back on.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Daniel Mosely said...

So then why did he give Ms.Mathyssen the 300 dollars needed to just barely win her riding? Why has he pretty much lied and said he gave it to her as a friend, when she says he wanted the NDP to win. Why did he say he saw it as a charity, when a political party is no charity. Read the globe article I included.

Then screw your head back on.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now they say (I don't know if it's true) that Rae donated to Ignatieff and I don't know if it was for MP or leadership candidate. So, if Rae did, then he must think Ignatieff is a good man for the job. And if he did, thanks for the indirect endorsement Mr. Rae.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home