Thursday, November 23, 2006

In Kennedy I Trust

I am destroyed by this Quebecois as a nation proposition. Doesn't anybody grasp the implications? Seeing the Quebecois as a nation, is a confusing proposal at best. In the end it will divide Canadians.

Of all the leadership candidates, and I note Ignatieff has fallen in my books yet again. A brieef explanation is needed. First Ignatieff, Dion, Kennedy were my top three. Then Dion and Kennedy, then Dion began giving mixed messages as Ignatieff was making strong decisions, even if they were in error. Then Ignatieff takes credit for this current disaster and he is off my radar, in fact he's buried in my backyard next to Professor wiggle-pants my dead pet gerbil. Gerard Kennedy said it best about Ignatieff's modesty.
"Kennedy said it's "an interesting strategy if (Ignatieff) is saying this has gone according to plan."

That is quoted from this article. The article that is giving me hope for the future of the Liberal Party and Canada. Gerard is leaning towards opposing this nation motion.

Kennedy has stated in reference to this resolution:
"I'm not sure it's the crowning achievement of the Liberal party in recent times,"
Also the article states:
Before making a decision, Kennedy said he wants to know whether recognition of Quebecers as a nation "will influence future domestic or international court judgments."

All I can say is, since all the other candidates are supporting it (Iggy and Dion) or going to support it (Rae) if Kennedy opposes this resolution I will support him to his dying day.

8 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

Before making a decision, Kennedy said he wants to know whether recognition of Quebecers as a nation "will influence future domestic or international court judgments."

I think he may be borrowing a line that he heard about constitutional entrenchment once.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Daniel Mosely said...

Kennedy could steal quotes from joe blo if he opposes dividing canada.

To note, I take this very passionately.

7:20 PM  
Blogger rob said...

What I mean is, it isn't a concern in this case, like it would be in the case of constitutional entrenchment.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Dan McKenzie said...

Probably right Rob, he probably just figures he has to say something now while he figures out exactly how he's going to play this situation. And if there's one issue I don't really mind pols taking a while to really get their thoughts together on, it's this one.

But I think it's also important to consider that because this motion has likely no legal implications it will create a loud demand for steps that do.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one candidate in this race would continually dump on this silly adventure of "nation"hood right from the beginning. And it's not too late to vote for him.

I'm swtiching to Dryden.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerard is the only real Liberal left in this country. I can not believe the others.

6:25 AM  
Blogger DivaRachel said...

I find it interesting that the media is helping Harper by stating that "this doesn't give them any new powers", yet Gilles Duceppe is singing a different tune on Quebec radio (Gilles Proulx : http://www.985fm.ca )

Gilles is saying "first we get this, then WE'LL SEE about how this will be applied".

Obviously, the separatists are plotting to get something tangible out of this. No one, in their empressement to court QC, has discussed this seriously.

Mark this day in your calendar as the beginning of the second wind of QC separatism. A sad day it is.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone is taking longer than a nanosecond to consider what our future liabilities are going to be with this motion. You can't fault Kennedy for taking time to think. As Dion might say, Kennedy's not a sheep, he needs convincing.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home